Re: transfer just the data directories from linux to windows?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: transfer just the data directories from linux to windows?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hi,
> We have some backups from our prod server and I was wondering
> if there would be any problems with just copying the data
> directory to a windows install (same version - 8.1.4) ... any
> pointers?

If both servers are windows servers, and both are running the same
version of pg, then you can just copy the files over. Make sure the
postgresql service is *stopped* when you do the copying. (Clean out
everything in the data directory before you copy them over)
If either of those two are not the same, you can't.

//Magnus