Re: BUG #2493: bug with initdb under an administrator

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #2493: bug with initdb under an administrator
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Bug reference:      2493
> Logged by:          Alexander Pravdin
> Email address:      speller@yandex.ru
> PostgreSQL version: 8.1.4
> Operating system:   Windows XP
> Details:=20
>=20
> If I run the initdb under an administrator, the program=20
> crashes without any error reporting. The last string in the output is=20
>=20
> "creating base template1 in E:/usr/local/postgres/data/base/1 ..."
> (translated from russian)
>=20
> The "data" directory remains empty.
>=20
> Under the limited user account initialization completed successfully.
>=20
>=20
> I think the program should report if it require to run under=20
> a limited user account.

Hm. It does for me. Do you get something in the eventlog? Perhaps it's
incorrectly thinking it's running as a service, and logging there
instead?

Do you run this from the commandline, or from inside another program?

Finally, you can try the initdb version at
http://www.hagander.net/pgsql/initdb_pgctl_restricted_user_8.1.4.zip.
It's the 8.1.4 initdb with the run-as-admin fixes from HEAD backpatched.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: BUG #2495: -i start up option blows pg_ctl program.
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2495: -i start up option blows pg_ctl program.