Re: Where to put the new donations page?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Where to put the new donations page?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> Folks,
>
> Real Soon Now we're going to want to put up an new donations
> page which funnels funds to the various PostgreSQL
> non-profits (SPI, SPI-Europe, PostgreSQL.fr, JPUG).
> Obviously, it would be better to make this part of the home
> page ... www.postgresql.org/Donations or suchlike.

I'd suggest just updating the current one which lives at
www.postgresql.org/about/donate. No need to invent a new url ;-) Once
there is more info, we might want to make sure it shows up in the
section menu as well, and not just on the frontpage as it is now.

> Questions:
>     1) Where do we put information about the Fundraising
> Committee?  This ought to be public, but it would extend the
> Donations page into multiple pages.  Is that OK?

What *is* the fundraising comitte? ;-)

But sure, I certainly see no problem extending the donation page to
multiple pages if there is too much info on it.

>     2) Do major (> $1000) financial sponsors get to be
> Sponsors at www.postgresql.org/about/Sponsors, or do we put
> them somewhere else?  (we'll probably need to have this
> argument on Advocacy as well).

I think that's more of an -advocacy question, really. If we're going to
put them somewhere else, we need to figure out what that's supposed to
be called...

> I also need to find out whether we might have to put the
> PostgreSQL fund stuff on a separate web page; there are some
> legal restrictions on what a 501(c)3 can share a web page with.

Bleh for new sites, but you knew that :-)

But since I don't know what the fund thingie is, and even less about US
legal restrictions, I can't comment on that.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: