Re: PostgreSQL win32 & NT4

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PostgreSQL win32 & NT4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> >> NT4 is officially dead, IMHO no need for PostgreSQL to officially
> >> support it, let's leave place for companies offering commercial
> >> postgresql versions to work on it if they have enough
> customer requests.
> >> BTW Win 2000 is more or less 6 years old now ...
> I believe Microsoft has an official 10 year support policy.
> Although the don't backport all features (which makes sense).

They're 10 years for "extended support". Only 5 years for "mainstream
support", meaning it has already passed.

The difference? You can no longer get a hotfix unless you have a
specific "hotfix agreement", that you have to buy separate. You don't
get any no-charge incident support (that would be
support-because-of-a-bug). You don't get to make any feature requests
(though seriously, they hardly ever listen to you unless you're really
big anyway). And you don't get any "warranty claims", whatever that
means in reality.

You do, however, get paid support and security hotfixes.

//Magnus