Re: PostgreSQL win32 & NT4

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PostgreSQL win32 & NT4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I'm looking at a way to "fix" the issues with admin privileges on
> > Win32
> > - specifically by finding a way to give up all admin stuff
> before the
> > server starts, when possible (and otherwise fail just as today).
> >

> So this will let an admin startup Postgres ... I got a
> question -- if it can give up all admin stuff, can it reclaim later?

Depends on how you do it. You can do it in a way that it cannot be
reclaimed, which is the only one we'd be interested in. To do this it
has to be implemented in a combination of pg_ctl and postmaster.
Actually, you can do it three ways:

1) Can be reclaimed.

2) Can't be reclaimed, but you can create a new token using a different
user - *IFF* you have the username/password for this.

3) Can't be reclaimed, can't change your token in any way at all, no
matter what you do. This does not work in all scenarios (for example, it
doesn't work if the process was already started by runas)

//Magnus