New ad code

От Magnus Hagander
Тема New ad code
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Attached is a patch that implements new ad code. This code runs async
instead of sync (at least it tries to), meaning we load the whole page
before we load the a <<newadcode.patch>> d. So if the ad server is slow
(common cause) it speeds up the page loading a lot, and if it's down
(not very common, but happened today) it doesn't hang.

I'd like a couple of more eyes looking over the code before I put it
out. It seems so simple, but what did I miss :) That said, I'd like it
out there ASAP, because right now our website isn't really redundant
anymore...

(Oh yes, we intentionally ignore very old browsers. They're few enough
that it's not worth putting a lot of time into. The pages will render
kinda wierd in those scenarios anyway, so people would only use if if
they really need some specific info - which is when they won't hit the
ads anyway)

Also, please beat on it with different browsers. You can test it at
http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/about/.

//Magnus

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: