Re: insert performance for win32

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: insert performance for win32
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> > Sorry, I don't follow you here - what do you mean to do? Remove the
> > event completely so we can't wait on it?
> >

> I'd like to use the win32 provided recv(), send() functions
> instead of redirect them to pgwin32_recv()/pgwin32_send(),
> just like libpq does. If we do this, we will lose some
> functionalities, but I'd like to see the performance
> difference first. -- do you think that will be any difference?

Doesn't work, really. It will no longer be possible to send a signal to
an idle backend. The idle backend will be blocking on recv(), that's how
it works. So unless we can get around that somehow, it's a non-starter I
think.

I doubt there will be much performance difference, as you hav eto hit
the kernel anyway (in the recv/send call). But that part is just a guess
:-)

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: insert performance for win32
Сообщение: Re: insert performance for win32