Re: alt+F not working after calling pg_dump

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: alt+F not working after calling pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I call pg_dump to create backup copies from my application
> using Windows
> CreateProcess() API call.
>
> After pg_dump finishes, Alt+F ( to open File menu) and other
> Alt key combinations in my application stop working.
>
> If I use Alt+Tab to switch to other application and then back
> to my application, Alt+F normal behaviour is restored.
>
> The command which I use to backup database is
>
> C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\bin\pg_dump.exe  -Z9 -b -v -f
> "c:\my document\myfile.backup" -F c -h myserver  -U postgres  mydb
>
> I pass password to pg_dump using environment variable PGPASSWORD
>
> I pass only some Windows environment variables to pg_dump,
> maybe some critical is missing.
>
> Any idea how to make Alt key to work in my application
> immediately after calling pg_dump ?

What parameters do you pass to CreateProcess()?

I think you're bit by the general windows behaviour that a new process
started by default will take focus away from your app, and it does not
necessarily return it when it quits. I don't *think* it's pg_dump
specific. It'd be interesting to know both about flags above, and also
what happens if you just call a bat-file that does nothing and then
exits.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs mySQL, any performance difference for
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs mySQL, any performance difference for