Re: psql & readline & win32

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: psql & readline & win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Would the easiest solution be to make a patch to readline for
> Win32, and only allow Win32 to link to readline if that patch
> is in readline, and spit out a compile error if readline
> doesn't have that patch.

What would we patch it with? I don't think anybody has found a problem
there, this is a separate file that you ship along with it.

> As far as the license, psql spits out a copyright notice as
> it starts.
> It would be a shame to have to mention GPL in there.

Even that may not be enough. This is the GPL we're talking about.

> Can we get any companies to fund a port of libedit to Win32?

That would be nice. Takers?

> What does readline have that Win32 native editing does not?

tab completion, for one. Some editing keys, IIRC. I thought history, but
it does seem we have history workign on native :)

//Magnus