Re: Authentication via LDAP

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Authentication via LDAP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hi,
>
> I've got Postgres 8.1.1 running on a Win32 platform. I would
> like to authenticate users through an LDAP server and I saw
> that is possble to do this under a Unix platform with the
> pam_ldap package.
>
> Does anybody know if something similar is at the moment
> available (or will be available) for a Win32 platform ?

There is nothing available right now. I have submitted a patch for 8.2,
but nobody has had the time to look at this yet.

If you just want to use AD login, and only use libpq based clients (this
includes ODBC), you might want to use Kerberos authentication. it's not
the same as using LDAP, but if you're on an Active Directory
environment, it might be what you are looking for.

//Magnus