Re: localization problem (and solution)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: localization problem (and solution)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The issue is that if I set my machine's locale to Turkish or
> French, say, it doesn't matter what locale I set during
> initdb or in postgresql.conf, the server's log messages
> always seem to come out in the machine's locale.

Does this happen only for those locales? And how specifically do you set
the locale?

I just installed to verify, and my server goes up in english no problem,
even though my locale is set to swedish. The client tools (psql, for
example) come up in swedish, so it's definitly swedish locale. And by
donig "set LANG=en" before I start psql, it comes up in english just
fine.

//Magnus