Re: [HACKERS] Web page down (ad server)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Web page down (ad server)
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> > > Turns out it's related to the ads, so if I just adblock the ad
> > > server I can see the page just fine. Kind of bad it's
> needed however
> > > :-)
> > >
> > > I also tried to show the page in opera and it looks the
> same as in
> > > firefox.
> >
> > Intersting. It works fine for me. Did you try multiple
> times? (Since
> > you tried a different browser, I assume you did).
>
> Of course. Maybe it's was some dns problem (all the adresses
> seemed to resolve, but maybe some adress have been updated
> but not propagated to all dns servers, or something. What do I know?).
>
> As I said, I could solve it just fine by using adblock so
> it's not a problem for me. I just wanted to tell someone about it.
>
> I did try like 50 times during 30 minutes. Every time it got
> stuck waiting on 200.46.208.156.

Aaahh. I missed that parto f your screenshot!

That means ads.hub.org was down, and it would wait until it timed out.

Marc - can we make that check async? Since you're updating the code
anyway, because it breaks website XHTML complicancy? Need any help with
the code?

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Web page down (ad server)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Web page down (ad server)