Re: BUG #2039: Problem with Installation

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #2039: Problem with Installation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Bug reference:      2039
> Logged by:          Ramesh Nagu Tummala
> Email address:      nagu_connect@yahoo.co.in
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
> Operating system:   WinXP Professional
> Details:=20
>=20
> Iam trying to install postgresql in my system but my system=20
> was FAT32 Data allocation but i software downloaded for NTFS.
>=20
> My doubt is cant we install postgresql on FAT32? if so please=20
> provide the link to  download.

You can install it on FAT32, but you have to do it manually. It's also
very much recommended that you don't run it on FAT32 for reliability
issues. Finally, some features (in particular, tablespaces) do not work
on FAT32.
You need to download the binaries-no-installer and go from there.

> else we need to format my system in NTFS and install the software?

This is definitly the recommended way. Note that you can use the
"convert" utility (just type convert /? on the commandline for help) to
convert your existing system without the need to reformat.

//Magnus