Re: How to secure pgpass file from unauthorized reading of passwords ? (WIndows)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: How to secure pgpass file from unauthorized reading of passwords ? (WIndows)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hello.
>
> It seems that for all automated tasks (backup, autovacuum
> etc.) passwords should be provided by pgpass file.
> But, anyone can read pgpass file....
>
> How can I make it secure that nobody can read it, except
> programs for backup and autovacuum ?

Set filesystem permissions on the file.

The default is to allow only the user who owns the directory to read it (plus administrators of course). I'm not sure
whereyou get the "anyone can read pgpass" from.

//Magnus