Re: Remote administration functionality

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Remote administration functionality
Дата
Re: Remote administration functionality  (Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > > I am thinking we will need load_pg_hba() and write_pg_hba() that
> > > will load and write the table to pg_hba.conf.
> >
> > Yeah, that bit is straghtforward enough, but what about the
> situation
> > where dba #1 updates the pg_hba table, at the same time as
> dba #2 is
> > editting pg_hba.conf in vi?
>
> I don't see any way to fix that.  The hope is that the
> administrator has enough control that this isn't happenening
> --- it could already happen now if who people edit the same
> file with different editors/locking systems.

The difference is that if the other admin edited it in vi *last week* it
will still break with your way, unless every admin always rembers to do
load_pg_hba() before doing *anything at all*.

I fail to see how this is better than just editing the file. Because it
basically *is* a file editing function limited to pg_hba.conf. Perhaps
what we need is a file reader/writer that is hardcoded to the
pg_hba.conf file?

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: Remote administration functionality
Сообщение: Re: Remote administration functionality