Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Дата
Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.  (Adrian Maier <adrian.maier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-www
> > Any real reason it needs to be searchable more than the rest of the
> > site?
>
> Yeah, so that people can type things like:
> "audit triggers"  or "SSL connection" or "pg_restore bug" and
> get relevant
> KB items.   The current FAQ pretty much requires you to read
> the whole
> darned thing to find the info you want.

Well, I can type "audit triggers" into the website search. Gives me hits
in the docs. The point is - one search engine only please ;-)

> > Partially.
> > The website itself supports language negotiation. This is
> *not* used
> > for the FAQs today. They are pulled from the main CVS, and
> just linked
> > separately each file. This is partially because since they
> are pulled
> > from CVS it's the only way, partially because the FAQs are almost
> > always in different stages of updating so ppl who want to read a
> > non-english FAQ probablyi want the english FAQ *as well*.
>
> Hmmmm.   Makes sense.   So each KB item should display in its orginal
> language as well as the current translation?

That seems like a good way to do it - if we even get translations. A lot
of work was put into putting a translation infrastructure for the
webpage in place, but AFAIK not a single page (except the FAQs which
aren't in the actual website) has been translated.

//MAgnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Сообщение: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.