Re: Whence the Opterons?

От: Magnus Hagander
Тема: Re: Whence the Opterons?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Whence the Opterons?  (Mischa Sandberg, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Ian Meyer, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Steve Poe, )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Gavin M. Roy", )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Andrew Sullivan, )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Sam Vilain, )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Mischa Sandberg, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Geoffrey, )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (John A Meinel, )
   Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Geoffrey, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (John A Meinel, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (John A Meinel, )
   Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Jeff Frost, )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (William Yu, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Anjan Dave", )
  Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Andrew Rawnsley, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Magnus Hagander", )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  (Richard Rowell, )
 Re: Whence the Opterons?  ("Mohan, Ross", )

>> Question, though: is HP still using their proprietary RAID
>card?   And, if so,
>> have they fixed its performance problems?
>
>According to my folks here, we're using the CCISS controllers, so I
>guess they are.  The systems are nevertheless performing very well --
>we did a load test that was pretty impressive.  Also, Chris Browne
>pointed me to this for the drivers:
>
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/cciss/

That driver is for all the remotely modern HP cards. I think the one
with performance problems was the builtin one they user to have
(SmartArray 5i). AFAIK, the new builtins (6i) are a lot better. And the
high-end add-on cards I've never had any performance problems with -
linux and windows both.

//Magnus