Re: BUG #1586: Rollback of installation during a silent install with -qn option

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #1586: Rollback of installation during a silent install with -qn option
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
>The following bug has been logged online:
>
>Bug reference:      1586
>Logged by:          Preethi
>Email address:      preethi.subramaniam@wipro.com
>PostgreSQL version: 8.0.1
>Operating system:   Win 2K Pro
>install with
>-qn option
>Details:=20
>
>Hi,
> We are installing Postgres as part of our product. We use=20
>msiexec.exe to
>launch the postgres installation. InstallScript ( which is the script
>wriiten in InstallShield) is used to launch the msiexec and pass the
>postgres msi - postgresql-8.0-int.msi as it's cmd line parameter.
>  The following is the command line parameter for the postgres=20
>msi : /qr
>INTERNALLAUNCH=3D1 DOSERVICE=3D1 ALLUSERS=3D[ALLUSERS] ADDLOCAL=3DALL
>SERVICEDOMAIN=3D%COMPUTERNAME% SERVICEACCOUNT=3Dpostgres
>SERVICEPASSWORD=3DpOST!@gres SUPERUSER=3Dpostgres SUPERPASSWORD=3DpOST!@gr=
es
>BASEDIR=3DF:\POSTGRES.
>     The installation works fine with the /qr option.It shows=20
>the progress
>bar. However, I want the installation to be a completely=20
>silent one. So I
>give /qn option. In this case, files get copied but then it=20
>rolls back.=20
>    Note : There is no problem with the username,p/w and=20
>privileges as it is
>the same given to both /qr and /qn option.
>    Please let me know how to correct this.

That should work - very interesting. Can you run it with logging enabled
and see what error you get in the log just before it rolls back? /l*
log.txt or /l*v log.txt should get you logging at different levels.

//Magnus