Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Simple query takes a long time on win2K
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> None of these tests were run over a network - all local.
> Given that the hardware is very different, however, I did
> find it strange that all win2k (Pro, not server) served up
> the records in almost exactly the same time, while the 2.4
> celeron is 80ms!

Note that the granularity of the performance counters in EXPLAIN and in
psql have a very bad resolution on Win32 in 8.0.1. The EXPLAIN counters
has been fixed for 8.1, not sure if it'll be backpatched to 8.0.2.

What are you getting your time values from? If it's based on either of
these it's entirely possible that the speed difference is completely
inside the margin of error. Also, you are not likely to be very
CPU-bound for a simple query like that.

//Magnus