Re: Where do we need servers?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Where do we need servers?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> Folks,
>
> Aside from pgFoundry, where are our greatest weak points in
> current web support?  I've had offers of a couple of new
> hosts for the project over the
> last couple of weeks.   Where do we need hardware/bandwidth the most?

Assuming my script for DNS based failover mirrors works out (hey, almost
done, but I've said that for a week or so), the main web will need at
least three machines for static web. Eventually, two for dynamic, but
that's later.

These should be well distributed (not all on the same provider, or even
the same continent probably). Needs almost no processing power, not a
lot of diskspace, but plenty of bandwidth. Since they shuold IMHO not
share hw resources with the dynamic servers (and especially not with
each other), I think we have only one of these today. But perhaps one or
more of the existing mirrors can be moved to do this.

Once dynamic servers are distributed, it's going to need processing
power but almost no bandwidth.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: