Re: long sql "in" clause crashes server process (8.0 Release)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: long sql "in" clause crashes server process (8.0 Release)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
>> On MingW, you add:
>> -Wl,--stack=4194304
>> to get 4Mb stack. At least the value increases in the header.
>
>> And I can confirm that doing this fixes the problem and turns it into
>> the error message about stack size. (But won't things crash
>again if I
>> increase that one?
>
>Sure.  The point is that Postgres doesn't have any way to determine the
>allowed stack size, so you have to tell it.  Our alternatives here are
>(a) to change the default max_stack_depth for Windows, or (b)
>to make the
>platform adhere to the default expectation.  (b) looks easier.

Agreed. Just wanted to be sure. If someone needs it, they can always
tweak that number int he Makefile and rebuild from source.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: long sql "in" clause crashes server process (8.0 Release)
Сообщение: Re: long sql "in" clause crashes server process (8.0 Release)