Re: BUG #1428: SHGetSpecialFolderPath not found in SHELL32.dll

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #1428: SHGetSpecialFolderPath not found in SHELL32.dll
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
>The following bug has been logged online:
>
>Bug reference:      1428
>Logged by:          Hendrik Mueller
>Email address:      acone@gmx.de
>PostgreSQL version: 8.0.0.0
>Operating system:   Windows NT 4.0 + SP4
>Details:=20
>
>On some installations the function SHGetSpecialFolderPath  in library
>SHELL32.DLL not exists. The "Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0=20
>Desktop Update"
>to patch this error is impossible.
>I must not modify customer installations.
>In beta5 this error not arise.

This is a known issue on NT4 with the release. I have just submitted a
patch that will fix this. If you need it urgently, you can get new
binaries from http://www.hagander.net/pgsql/nt4bin.zip.
But *BEWARE*. These binaries carry *incorrect version numbers*. If you
install them, you *must* remove them manually before you install 8.0.1,
because they will *NOT* be upgraded by the installer.

Another workaround is to back out to a previous RC which does not
contain this functionality at all.

//Magnus