Re: Upgrading from 8.0RC1 to 8.0

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Upgrading from 8.0RC1 to 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
>Is there some direction on how it is to be done?
>Can download the installation packet and run it and it will upgrade
>the old version (and stop/start the service)?
>Or do I have to uninstall the RC1 and do the whole
>pg_dump/restore process?
>
>I looked around a bit but found no clear direction.

1) Uninstall the old version. The data directory will *not* be
uninstalled, so your data is safe.
2) Install the new version. Specify the old data directory for the new
installation, and chose *not* to initdb.

That's allt here is to it, really. Of course, do a pg_dump before you
start in case anything goes wrong. But if things go right, it should not
be needed.

//Magnus