Re: BUG #1416: Win Installer doesn't grab registry settings.

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #1416: Win Installer doesn't grab registry settings.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
>The following bug has been logged online:
>
>Bug reference:      1416
>Logged by:          Joseph Donahue
>Email address:      joseph@odonahue.com
>PostgreSQL version: 8.0
>Operating system:   Win2K  SP4
>Details:=20
>
>When upgrading from an 8 beta to the 8.0 release, the installer wizard
>presented the service configuration page with default values.=20=20
>Normally, an
>MSI script will check the registry for previous installations=20
>and adjust
>accordingly.  This page at the very least should have been=20
>filled in with
>values already present in the registry.  An even better=20
>approach would have
>been detection of the previous installation and presentation=20
>of a different
>screen indicating that detection and offering the option of=20
>upgrading using
>the current registry set.

The beta is seen as a completely different version, intended to be
capable of side-by-side installation. If we defaulted to where the other
one is installed, there is a risk of conflicting files.

That said, for 8.0.1 we are hoping to have a better upgrade path in
place, but it's not certain.

//Magnus