Re: Site way slow, please check

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Site way slow, please check
Дата
Список pgsql-www

> >> Please check on what could be slamming the servers.   Thanks!
> >
> > Yup, I'm seeing that as well - judging by a quick ps, it
> *looks* like
> > it's bittorrent that's killing it, along with a fair few
> hits on the
> > ftp server. Unfortunately there's not much I can do as it's
> in a VM,
> > and things like top don't work from there so I can't check properly.
> >
> > Going on IRC to chat about it I'm told you just went to
> sleep.... I'll
> > do what I can, but I know nothing about BT :-(
>
> For what it's worth (and I'm on the digest list so someone
> may have already brought this up), bittorrent is fairly
> resource intensive and perhaps it doesn't need to be run on
> this particular server.  I setup bt seeds for all the
> torrents on a box I had last night with a 10 megabit line,
> and I'll do the same with my other production box today.  As
> long as there's at least one torrent seed going out there, I
> don't think the webserver should be seeding torrents.

There have been several other machines seeding. Only the trackers are on
that box. I think. At least there were plenty of other seeders available
on different networks.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Fred Moyer"
Сообщение: Re: Site way slow, please check
Сообщение: Re: Site way slow, please check