Re: BUG #1400: libeay32.dll error

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #1400: libeay32.dll error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
>Bug reference:      1400
>Logged by:          Michel Moreira
>Email address:      webmaster@riachao.com
>PostgreSQL version: 8.0.0rc5
>Operating system:   Windows XP SP2
>Details:=20
>
>When i start postgres.exe, is reported a error with=20
>libeay32.dll, about a function that isn't found.

RC5 checks the DLL version on install. At least it's supposed to. Are
you saying this failed, or that the DLL was changed *after* the install?

> I suggest that the installer copies the
>ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll to the bin directory, cause=20
>other installers
>can overwrite those dlls and the service wouldn't start.

The problem is that they are used by libpq, which is in SYSTEM32, so
they have to be there as well.=20
Are you saying a different installer overwrote it? Then that installer
is in error, because it clearly replaced it with an older version.
(Now granted the openssl DLL files don't contain version information -
something I'm in contact with the openssl guys about - but that's not an
excuse for the installer to downgrade it. It just makes life a lot
harder for the installers..)

//Magnus