Re: rc4, PostgreSQL-installer on WinXP: ignores selected install-directory

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: rc4, PostgreSQL-installer on WinXP: ignores selected install-directory
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> >The installer will override any environment variables, as it=20
> executes=20
> >with its own environment in Windows Installer. To change a=20
> directory,=20
> >use the installer features for it. See the FAQ question 3.6.
>=20
> I did that, and here is FAQ 3.6:
> I changed the directory but PostgreSQL was still installed in=20
> the default directory Make sure you changed the directory of=20
> the root feature. The PostgreSQL installer permits changing=20
> the directory of each individual feature. If you change the=20
> root feature ("PostgreSQL"), any subfeatures (such as=20
> "Database Server") will automatically inherit this value as=20
> default, but if you only change a subfeature the rest of the=20
> installation will remain in the default location.
>=20
>  I can find only one dialog to change the directory, that is=20
> where the following ist offered on my system:
> "C:\Programme\PostgreSQL\8.0.0-rc5\"  [browse] But FAQ 3.6=20
> suggests that there are more dialogs to change subdirectories too.

There is one for each feature. Click the feature first, then click
browse.

> I tried without success:
> g:\pgsql\PostgreSQL\8.0.0-rc5\  and g:\pgsql\"
> which did not work.
> Finally, after reading again FAQ 3.6 I tried=20
> 'g:\pgsql\8.0.0-rc5', which worked fine. So the version-part,=20
> which here is  '8.0.0-rc5', must be the last part path.

No. You must've either done something else wrong, or there is a loacl
problem. I can install in g:\pgsql without any problem. And there is no
code whatsoever int he installer that would require the version number
to be part of this.
Can you please run the install with logging enabled and attach the log
so we can try to determine why it's not working as expected.

> By this there will be an new directory for every release,=20
> which seems reasonable.

That's why it's the default. But it's by no means required.

//Magnus