Re: rc4, PostgreSQL-installer on WinXP: problems with plpython

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: rc4, PostgreSQL-installer on WinXP: problems with plpython
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> 1. Python as PL was greyed out an could not be installed=20
> again via the installer - contrary to rc3, where PL/Python's=20=20
> installation was offered and did work.

This means that you don't have python23.dll on your system.

> 2. When trying to install plpythonu with creatlang, this was=20
> not possible because of something like "error in python.dll:=20
> python23.dll not fount"
>     On my system python23 was replaced with python24 some days ago.

Python24 is not currently supported by the binary installer (see the
installation instructions).

>     Only when I copied python23.dll to c:/windows/system32,=20
> createlang did create plpythonu.
>     It was not sufficient to copy python23.dll to=20
> C:\Programme\PostgreSQL\8.0.0-rc4\lib

Correct. It might work if you put it in 8.0.0-rc4\bin though. Or add the
directory where it's already in to your PATH.

>     If PostgreSQL needs python23.dll, the installer should=20
> have it, should copy it into=20
> C:\Programme\PostgreSQL\8.0.0-rc4\lib and createlang.exe=20
> should first search it there.

I *think* we require a full python installation, not just the DLL file.
I'm not 100% sure on that. It currently supports Python23, which is also
in the installation instructions. If someone can confirm that we need
only the DLL, we can definitly include it in our distribution.
So - can someone who knows enoughh aboyt plpython speak up on that one?

//Magnus