Re: TODO item: make world safe for spaces in build/install

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: TODO item: make world safe for spaces in build/install
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>Along similar lines, when I installed RC1 on a windows box it
>installed it
>>under the "program files" directory. Now, this was fine for
>most cases, but
>>when I had to use some of the command line tools it was
>really crappy trying
>>to write explicit directories under dos. I generally chalk
>that up to windows
>>being a crappy os to work with from the command line, but I
>wonder if the
>>installer ought to be more suggestive to use something like
>c:\postgresql\ or
>>at least warn user not to install in directories with spaces.
>>

>Well, that's not really along similar lines, except that it also
>concerns the issue of spaces in directories.
>
>Actually, the standard Windows place to put software is Program Files,
>and programs that don't do that are considered somewhat impolite. The
>short answer really is "put the directories in your path".
>Windows users
>generally understand this quite well. Maybe the installer should offer
>to add the location to the System path or the user's path (assuming it
>doesn't already).

It doesn't, but it's already on our TODO.

Oh, and you can always manually change to install in c:\postgresql or
whatever. It's just the default that is the platform mandated standard
:-)

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: TODO item: make world safe for spaces in build/install
Сообщение: Re: TODO item: make world safe for spaces in