Re: Fwd: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Fwd: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
>Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>> What if we malloc 100k just before we create the postmaster
>segment and
>> then free it and see if that fixes the postgres.exe problem?
>
>That was suggested already.  As a permanent fix it's certainly
>unspeakably ugly, but it would be useful to try it just to prove
>(or disprove) that we understand the problem.
>
>It would probably be a good idea to make the padding at least 256K,
>since the numbers that have been tossed around seem to indicate that
>Windows may be aligning things on 128K boundaries.
>
>My inclination for a permanent fix would be to try to do the shmat()
>much earlier, but I don't think we should go to the effort of doing
>that code rearrangement until we've proven that this is indeed the
>issue.

Still unable to reproduce this, even with the more detailed steps in
Nicolas mail. However, I've created a postgres.exe based on
cvs-as-of-yesterday plus the attached patch for testing.

The file is available on
http://www.hagander.net/pgsql/postgres_shmem.zip

Nicolas and Merlin - can you test with this .exe, please? You need to
replace *both* postmaster.exe *and* postgres.exe with the new one.

//Magnus

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Fwd: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: 8.0 Beta3 worked, RC1 didn't!