Re: postgresql-8.0.0-beta5-en.msi -- does not install

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: postgresql-8.0.0-beta5-en.msi -- does not install
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Dear POSTGRESQL developers,
>=20
> I would like to test the new PostgreSQL version, but was not=20
> able to start
>=20
>      postgresql-8.0.0-beta5-en.zip
>=20
> i.e., the Windows Installer stopped without saying anything.
> That happen under Windows 2000 _and_ under Windows XP. The=20
> same happened with older Beta-Versions, I had to go back to
>=20
>      postgresql-8.0-beta2-dev2.zip
>=20
> to download a version that installed. But I do not want to=20
> test older versions -- can you help me?

Please check your eventlog and see if it says anything when you try the
install. If it doesn't, try enabling logging from Windows Installer by
running:
msiexec /l*v logfile.txt /i postgresql-8.0.0-beta5-en.msi

and then check the contents of logfile.txt.

//Magnus