Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>for this is
>junction points do

>> > vs NTFS distinction?
>> > FAT32 file
>> >
>> > I believe it is OS, not file system.
>>
>> No, it's file system.
>> Junctions will not work on NT OS:es with FAT32.
>> Directory junctions require NTFSv5, which is only available
>on Windows
>> 2000 and newer.
>
>My point was that junctions don't exist on Win98 no matter what file
>system you use.  I don't think the API even exists on those OS's, never
>mind what file system you have.

The API exists - it's just a call to DeviceIOControl(). That one exists
on all win32 platforms. It will return a "not supported" error value,
but the API is there. (Unlike some other APIs where the program won't
even start because the entrypoint is not present in the system DLLs)

The only reason they are not in 9x is that 9x does not support NTFS. The
function is implemented only in the filesystem, not in the OS itself.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: Two-phase commit security restrictions
Сообщение: Re: Two-phase commit security restrictions