Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore
Дата
Re: open item: tablespace handing in pg_dump/pg_restore  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > > OK, I have applied the following patch that uses Cygwin native
> > > symlink() instead of the Win32 junctions.  The reason for this is
> > > that Cygwin symlinks work on Win95/98/ME where junction points do
> > > not
> >
> > Is this really a Win95/98/ME vs NT distinction or a FAT32
> vs NTFS distinction?
> > In which case does an NT machine that happens to be using a
> FAT32 file
> > system have the same problem?
>
> I believe it is OS, not file system.

No, it's file system.
Junctions will not work on NT OS:es with FAT32.
Directory junctions require NTFSv5, which is only available on Windows
2000 and newer.

//Magnus