Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> *  Handle sync() by opening all file opened since the last
> fsync and fsync'ing those
>     - Tom's got this one, as is the most crucial outstanding part

Yes, this is defintly the largest part of the code missing.

> * Win32 installer
>     - I believe Magnus already has something in this regard

Yup. I'll try to clean it up a bit and post it soon.

A question about this though - do we want the installer source (required
to build the MSI - not the MSI itself, of course) in main CVS? I asked
before how it's handled for RPMs etc, and had no response there (it was
probably a bit too much inside other discussions). If it shuold not be
included in the main code (say, on gborg instead), it really shouldn't
hold up going beta on the main backend.
Thoughts?

> * Win32 service
>     - Rony offered to do this, but have not heard back. Not
> a major item, and I've already got an implementation from my
> previous port.

Whomever does this in the end, it should not be a lot of code, and not
very complicated. There are a zillion examples all over on code that
does this (for example the SDK samples from MS), and it's not
complicated stuff.

> * Fix problem were locale doesn't match host locale, requires
> passing more params to startup applications
>     - SMOP

I'm looking into a quick-fix (but not as quick as the hack I did
earlier). If it's not too much work, expect it fairly shortly. The "good
looking" fix will come out of the backend startup reorganisation/cleanup
Claudio will eventually do :-) The stuff I'm looking at should not be
more ugly than what's there now, but there was agreement that what's
there now is a bit more complicated than necessary.

> All other issues are nicities or fixups, IMHO. There really
> isn't anything that needs farming out, just a matter of
> having the pieces fall into place.

Agreed.

//Magnus