Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 signal code - first try

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 signal code - first try
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > 1. setjmp/longjmp stack manipulation (i.e. ELOG)
>
> Wrote a small program to check this out. As we
> hoped/assumed/expected, it looks just fine.
Great!
Just checking - we're talking doing this from inside a user APC, right?

> Magnus, are you working on a second run at this stuff?

Not right this moment, but I hope to do that sometime this weekend. (No
time until then).

A thought there. If we go with the "select loop" version you had tried
out and just poll (select() with short timeout, poll, loop..), do we
actually *need* the APCs *at all*? Or should we go with a pure-polling
solution? (With signals delivered on a separate thread as we discussed,
of course) The only advantage we gain by the APCs is that they will stop
the "Ex functions", no? (It's not much extra code to put it in there,
but if we don't need it..)

//Magnus