Re: pg_autovacuum Win32 service patch

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_autovacuum Win32 service patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi!

A few quick comments:
1a) Please don't use such a long name for event source. It's so hard to
browse in the event viewer :-)

1b) Yes, the same problem with the main code. I think we'll want to
create a specific messagel ibrary that just maps all events to "%1" to
show the string. This one could be shared between any processesw that
need it. This should probably go up on the win32 TODO list - Claudio or
Bruce?

1c) Yes, errorlevels = nice. Most (I would think at least) management
tools that crawl eventlogs over all your servers to tell you about
things that are wrong will look for warning/error messages only...

2) I'll go there again - there *needs* to be a way to make it run as !=
local system. If we make the main server *forcibly* refuse Local System,
then we should do the same here. If we go to warning, we should do that
here. But there needs to be an easy way to install it as != admin.

3) For the main service, I think the decision was to put them in the
service startup commandlien in the registry. We should probably stick to
the same method with this one.

A thought - are there more processes that would need this? Is there any
point to putting some of the service code in a library (pgport, even?)
to be shared between processes, so we don't have to reinvent the wheel
over and over again?

//Magnus