Re: Function to kill backend

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Function to kill backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > In this case, SIGINT (query cancel) will not help, because
> all locks
> > held by the transaction will still be held.
>
> Wrong.

Really?
Please point out where I am wrong in this:

SESSION A:        BEGIN TRANSACTION
SESSION A:        LOCK TABLE foo IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE
SESSION B:        SELECT * FROM foo      <-- blocks (expected)!
not-in-session:    KILL -INT <pid_of_session_A>(at this point, <pid_of_session_A> is listed as "idle in transaction")
SESSION B:        <-- still blcoks....
SESSION A:         ROLLBACK
SESSION B:        <-- now completes

If I kill it with TERM instead of INT, SESSION B is released at that
point.

Am I missing something very obvious here?

This is on:PostgreSQL 7.4.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.95.3

//Magnus