Re: CVS Head: Pg_ctl bug?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: CVS Head: Pg_ctl bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> > > Is write_stderr() broken on Windows?
> >=20
> > In some cases it writes to the eventlog instead of stderr.=20
> > Dave, can you
> > check if this is what's happening to you?
>=20
> Bah, no coffee for 2 weeks dulls the mind :-(
>=20
> Yes, this is what's happening. Odd though, considering that I have:
>=20
> #log_destination =3D 'stderr'
>=20
> In my out-of-the-box config.

This is output from pg_ctl, right? pg_ctl doesn't look at
postgresql.conf...

pg_ctl has:
    if (!isatty(fileno(stderr)))    /* Running as a service */
... write to eventlog ...

That check appears to be failing. The backend has a lot more elaborate
check (in port/backend/security.c). Perhaps we need to make that kind of
advanced check in pg_ctl as well?

Though I don't see any of this code changing lately, so I don't see why
it's failing now. Are you running it under some kind of different
environment than you used to? Any other ideas on why it would claim your
console is not a tty?

//Magnus