Re: Please comment on the following OpenFTS/tsearch2 issues!

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Please comment on the following OpenFTS/tsearch2 issues!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Apr 26, 2006, at 3:17 AM, Teodor Sigaev wrote:

> We knows installation of tsearch2 working with 4 millions docs.

What are the design goals for the size of the source tables?  My
engineers are telling me of things their friends have tried and have
hit limits of tsearch2.  One was importing a large message board
(millions of rows, a few sentences of text per row) and ran into
problems (which were not detailed).

Our interest is in using it for indexing mailing lists we host.
We're looking at about 100 or so messages per day right now, with
potential growth.  Short of actually implementing it and loading up
sample data,  what guidelines can you provide as to the limits of
tsearch2 source data size?

I can imagine having 10+ million rows of 4k-byte to 10k-byte long
messages within a couple of years.