Re: PostgreSQL on Dual Processors, Dual-Core AMD Chips

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Dual Processors, Dual-Core AMD Chips
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 18, 2005, at 4:35 PM, Onyx wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> Does anyone know if PostgreSQL supports running on dual processors,
> and will efficiently utilize the dual processors for performance?
> More specifically, will PostgreSQL utilize the dual processor
> performance of using dual-core AMD chips?  Any information would be
> helpful...
>
> Thank you!

Each connection is a separate process, so yes it will, assuming
multiple connections to the backend.

There are numerous threads in the archives on why we don't use
threading.

Phone: +1 214-351-4152                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 3535 Gaspar Drive, Dallas, TX 75220-3611