Re: Windows psql changes after 8.1.1

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Windows psql changes after 8.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Magnus,

I did not use PGPASSWORD because the documentation says it is not
secure. I'll give it a try on Windows. Just curious, why is stdin/
stdout insecure if that is what is used for normal interactive
operation?

Could you point me to the file that changed in 8.1.4?

Thanks!

John

On Nov 23, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Hmm, not sure why that changed after 8.1.1 - I see changes in 8.1.4
> only. But - you're not supposed to send the password over stdin/
> stdout.
> I would suggest you set the PGPASSWORD environment variable in the
> custom environment. (it's secure on windows)

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL