Re: Odd messages on reloading DB table

От Steve Wampler
Тема Re: Odd messages on reloading DB table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/7/19 3:24 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Thursday, February 7, 2019, Steve Wampler <swampler@nso.edu <mailto:swampler@nso.edu>> wrote:
>
>         (1) the table already exist and the immediately doesn't exist?
>         (2) report ERROR on UPDATE when there are no UPDATES in the input file
>

> Most likely the first attempt was schema qualified and so found the existing targets table while the second attempt
was

> not schema qualified and targets is not in the search path.
>
> One guess I have is that triggers are involved here and those triggers need to be more resiliant in face of the
recent

> search_path security update.

Thanks - but I thought the search_path update was a PG 10 change and so shouldn't reflect on 9.5.15 behavior.  Did it
get back-ported?

In any event I'm surprised that pg_dump for 9.5.15 can produce a dump that can't be restored by either pg_restore
(when -Fc is used on both ends) or with psql (without -Fc used on pg_dump).  I would have expected some message
from pg_dump if it ran into issues preventing this.

--
Steve Wampler -- swampler@nso.edu