Re: libxml2 is dropping xml2-config

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: libxml2 is dropping xml2-config
Дата
Re: libxml2 is dropping xml2-config
Список pgsql-hackers
Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
> Re: To PostgreSQL Hackers 2020-01-20 <20200120204715.GA73984@msg.df7cb.de>
>> Debian reports that libxml2 is dropping the xml2-config binary:

> Please disregard that, I had assumed this was a change made by libxml2
> upstream. I'm in contact with the libxml2 Debian maintainer to get
> that change off the table.

I was wondering about that --- I had thought libxml2 upstream was
not terribly active anymore.

> (Putting in support for pkg-config still makes sense, though.)

Perhaps.  Are there any platforms where libxml2 doesn't install a
pkg-config file?  What are we supposed to do if there's no pkg-config?
(The workaround we have for that with ICU is sufficiently bletcherous
that I'm not eager to replicate it for libxml2...)