Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/08/2017 10:12 AM, John Iliffe wrote:
> See embedded.

Ccing list

>> will not be able to use it.
>>
> Yes, but if that happens at least I will be able to back out because I can
> partition.  That's the reason for the install directory being named after
> the release version.  After I am satisfied that everything is working
> properly I usually delete the old install directory.  Usually a few months
> of operation.
>

>> So did you specify a different --prefix previously or just used the
>> defaults?
>>
> No, actually I used the same name for the install directory as this one but
> I deleted the old one to completely get rid of the bad code.
>

> No, I was unable to start the original postgresql installation so it never
> got used or initialized.

To follow up on what Tom suggested upstream do you have package
installed version of libpq?

It would probably show up in the package manager as something along the
lines of postgresql-client.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Unable to start postgresql