Re: PostgreSQL fails to start

От John Gage
Тема Re: PostgreSQL fails to start
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL fails to start  (Reid Thompson <reid.thompson@ateb.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I have had the same/similar problem on a Mac.  Postgres creates a user
"postgres" and the only way that user can see files is for them to
exist outside of any other particular user's home directory.  I placed
the files in the root directory!?  I would like, I think, to give
"postgres" privileges in my home directory (emphasis, I think).  As a
sign of despicable laziness, could I ask where the granting of user
privileges is documented in the 8.4 docs?

John