Re: CREATE COLLATION without LOCALE throws error in v15

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: CREATE COLLATION without LOCALE throws error in v15
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 2022-12-07 at 13:04 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> This was an intentional change because of underlying conceptual and
> catalog changes.  lc_collate, lc_ctype, and iculocale are now tracked
> separately in the catalogs.  This is also important because for a
> database they actually are used separately.  So this also keeps the
> locale/collation settings for databases and collations consistent.

That makes sense, but there also doesn't seem to be much harm in
supporting the old behavior where it works as long as ctype==collate.
As in my patch, it accepts either locale or ctype==collate as the icu
locale.

We can discourage relying on that by updating the documentation as you
suggest.

--
Jeff Davis
PostgreSQL Contributor Team - AWS