Re: slow speeds after 2 million rows inserted

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: slow speeds after 2 million rows inserted
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> It was really some time ago, since I have experimented with this. My las experiment was on PG
> 7.2 or 7.3. I was inserting cca 800,000 rows. Inserting without transactions took 25 hrs.
> Inserting with 10,000 rows per transaction took about 2.5 hrs. So, the speedup was 10x. I have
> not experimented with the transaction batch size, but I suspect that 1,000 would not show much
> speedup.
>
> > 2. Vacuuming also makes no difference for a heavy insert-only table, only slows it down.
>
> Makes sense. Since my application was dumping all records each month and inserting new ones,
> vacuum was really needed, but no speedup.
>
> > 3. Table size plays no real factor.

Maybe this link my be useful,  it contains additional links to various postgresql preformance
test.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-10/msg00662.php

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Generic timestamp function for updates where field