Re: Add more regression tests for dbcommands

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add more regression tests for dbcommands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robins Tharakan <tharakan@gmail.com> writes:
> Please find attached a patch to take code-coverage of DBCommands (CREATE
> DATABASE / ALTER DATABASE / DROP DATABASE) from 36% to 71%.

I wish to object strenuously to adding any more CREATE/DROP DATABASE
commands to the core regression tests.  Those are at least one order of
magnitude more expensive than any other commands we test, and the added
code coverage is precisely zero because creation and dropping of a
database is already done repeatedly in the contrib regression tests.