Re: I do not get the point of the information_schema

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: I do not get the point of the information_schema
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Unless our docs are completely misleading I'd say that PostgreSQL is being
> conforming while MariaDB is treating information_schema as their version of
> pg_catalog (or at least our system views over top of pg_catalog).

Our project policy is that information_schema should show exactly the
columns mandated by whichever spec version we consider current.  If you
see some that are not in your copy of the standard, you probably need a
newer copy.  (There are links in our wiki to free draft versions of the
spec, which I think are what most of us rely on in practice.)

MariaDB has a much laxer notion of what compliance to the standard means
here, and AFAIK they feel free to add columns that are not in the
standard.  We do not do that.