Re: Managing multiple branches in git

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> You have carefully left out the first sentence of my reply. Neither of
> the committers who actually do much work on Windows (namely Magnus and
> me) commit direct from *any* version of Windows.

Nonetheless, that might not be true in future.  I'd be a bit worried
about establishing a project standard that excluded people from doing
commit work on Windows.

But it sounds like that problem could be dealt with if anyone cared to
put some work into it, so I'm feeling this is not a showstopper issue.

What it seems we need next is for someone to experiment with
git-new-workdir and committing patches that touch multiple branches,
to confirm whether this actually offers a good solution.